Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Deputy Director of Global Security at its Headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
In conjunction with the Director of Global Security, the Deputy Director provides security and emergency management support appropriate for the threat environment in all global locations in which the organization operates or to which staff may travel. This includes stable, post conflict, and high risk environments.
In addition, the Deputy Director shares crisis management responsibility with the Director and responds to natural and man-made disasters that impact Global Communities operations.
1. Plans and evaluates physical security for international and host country staff, staff on temporary travel, the headquarters office and all field offices.
2. Provides personal security and security awareness training for both international and host country staff.
3. Assists the Director in conducting personal security and awareness briefings for headquarters and global staff preparing for temporary travel to field locations.
4. Responds to natural and man-made disasters that impact Global Communities operations, which may include extended periods of deployment to locations which may be remote and difficult to reach, lacking in medical infrastructure and may be considered high risk.
5. Assists and advises on security policy development.
6. Advises and provides guidance to field-based security managers.
7. Supports program liaison with in-country U.S. government, United Nations, other diplomatic personnel, and NGO representatives regarding information sharing and evacuation activities.
8. Provides representational support in the absence of the Director, Global Security and/or as requested.
9. Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.