Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Regional Humanitarian Advisor to join its Humanitarian Assistance team. This role be based in Amman, Jordan.
The Regional Humanitarian Advisor represents the Department of Humanitarian Assistance in the Middle East region, focusing on Syria, leads new business development efforts in Syria and the broader MENA region and supports program implementation in the region.
The Advisor will ensure coordination and complementarity of all business development, representation, external coordination efforts, and implementation of cross-border humanitarian assistance programming into Syria. The Advisor will be expected to work closely with senior management in Turkey, Jordan, and Iraq, as well as HQ-based HA staff to develop new funding opportunities and proposals, and feed information into WoS and UN structures. This position is based in Amman, Jordan with travel to Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon, and the U.S. as required.
1. Leads HA business development efforts in the region, to include:
2. Leads the development of the Global Communities humanitarian assistance strategy in the MENA region.
3. Represents Global Communities at a senior level in Amman with partners, donors and in humanitarian coordination mechanisms to include:
4. Develops and administers relevant program development budgets and humanitarian assistance project budgets during emergency response operations as required, while managing HA program and operations staff.
5. Directs humanitarian operations and staff.
6. Provides surge support as needed to program operations in the region.
7. Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.