Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Humanitarian Program Development Manager to join the Humananitarian Assistance team at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
The Humanitarian Program Development Manager manages humanitarian assistance proposal efforts from inception to submission, including leading the development of program strategy and designs for USG and other donors, directing field assessments, writing technical sections, identifying and negotiating partnerships, and providing budget strategy across multiple technical sectors and geographic regions affected by emergencies. To this end, the Humanitarian Program Development Manager identifies and cultivates relationships with potential donors, partners and key personnel, as well as follows trends in technical and/or regional areas.
The successful candidate has a broad background and experience in emergency response and business development efforts with demonstrated success performing lead roles in program design and has a deep understanding of the proposal process.
1. Leads new business strategy development and implementation.
2. Leads field assessments following rapid onset emergencies.
3. Leads or serves on proposal teams.
4. Builds relationships with representatives of potential donors, clients and strategic partners.
5. Provides senior level program management and oversight to humanitarian projects, following successful new business development efforts.
6. Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.