Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an Officer to join its Economic Growth and Market Systems pillar within the new Partnerships and Programs department. This role is based at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
The Officer is responsible for program financial management, general compliance, and programmatic performance and progress against program goals and deliverables. The Officer also contributes to new business development efforts by writing proposal sections, leading recruiting, performing research, coordinating with partner organizations, providing administrative support, ensuring responsive submission of proposals, mentoring and training new staff, and assisting with other duties as assigned. In addition, s/he develops and improves Headquarters (HQ) based systems to monitor implementation of programs and business development efforts.
1. Ensures program deliverables are met through coordination with the Program Management Team.
2. Ensures effective program financial management and adherence to financial and contractual policies and procedures in designated areas.• Communicates and coordinates with relevant departments to provide accurate analysis to the field and to monitor and report on compliance.
3. Serves on proposal teams as assigned. Roles may include one of the following but are not limited to:
• Conducting pre-capture and post-solicitation field assessments.
• Serving as lead recruiter on specific proposals.
• Conducting research on country background information, sectoral best practices, competitor strengths and weaknesses and other information needed for proposal designs.
• Identifying and maintaining relations with potential local and international partner organizations.
• Serving as a liaison between Global Communities’ department, field teams, HQ-based proposal teams, and partner organizations to facilitate information gathering and proposal design.
• Writing assigned proposal sections, including, but not limited to, background statements, technical components, cross-cutting issues, management and staffing, or organizational capacity.
• Overseeing proposal support for high priority, complex, multi-partner proposals.
• Leading proposal teams for concept papers and proposals as assigned and with the guidance of a Global Communities champion or mentor.
4. Monitors program performance and supports knowledge management in assigned programs.
5. Assume responsibilities as needed in the absence of Manager and Associate.
6. Travels to the field to provide program STTA and/or support proposal efforts.
7. Represents Global Communities at meetings, conferences, and workshops.
8. Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.