Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an Associate to join its Resilient Communities team in the new Partnerships and Programs department at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland. The Associate reports directly to the Senior Program Manager and provides a broad range of programmatic and business development support to programs in the Resilient Communities pillar.
1. Assists with programming efforts to include:
• Creates and maintains program management tools to track program deliverable preparation and ensures deadlines are met.
• Coordinates preparation of program deliverables, such as quarterly reports, with field teams. Reviews, edits and finalizes quarterly reports and ensures submission to donors.
• Contributes to the drafting of program documents, such as program reports, success stories, evaluations, work plans, etc.
• Assists with program financial management tasks, including field draw requests prior to processing and revision of budgets.
• Leads and coordinates program recruitment efforts with the field teams and relevant HQ departments.
• Processes consultant agreements, amendments, invoices and reimbursement reports.
• Processes payments under program contracts and sub awards.
• Works with field teams to develop procurement documents and processes HQ-based field procurements.
• Conducts field monitoring and support visits as needed.
• Works with IT and all levels of staff at HQ and in the field to create and manage program SharePoint sites.
• Conducts pre-engagement and annual OFAC checks on vendors. Compiles country reports for OFAC and maintains records of periodic checks.
• Supports staff in obtaining visas
• Processes legal documents, liaises with various embassies and notaries public.
2. Assist with business development, including:
• Ensures PIFs and PPRs are updated with latest programmatic information and results.
• Conducts research of specified programmatic areas.
• Thoroughly reviews incoming RFAs and RFPs to understand solicitation and donor requirements and assist with determining the needs of the proposal effort.
• Reviews and maintains all administrative documents for assigned proposals, particularly annexes, for technical and cost proposals; and assists in ensuring that deadlines are met.
• Writes draft sections of proposals including capacity statements, problem statements, implementation plans, and other sections of proposals.
• Formats and spins CVs according to proposal requirements; revises and updates PPRs; and provides program background.
• Leads processing of consultant agreements, including onboarding, travel and invoices.
• Maintains communication with Global Communities field offices during the proposal process regarding recruiting, gathering of required documentation, and any other concerns.
• Acts as point of contact for partner organizations and corresponds with them to ensure that proper documentation is gathered and their concerns/questions are being addressed.
• Develops position descriptions and/or scope of work with hiring manager and drafts advertisements.
• Performs database and internet searches to identify potential staffing leads and conducts outreach to candidates.
• Schedules and coordinates interviews with other members of proposal team.
• Works with International Recruitment Manager and/or Senior HR Manager in developing candidate packages of reference checks, salary, benefits, allowances, and negotiates salaries as needed.
• Participates in field assessments as needed.
• Assembles all proposal components and ensures that proposals are submitted according to donor proposal guidelines.
• Processes applications for new country registrations and registration renewals.
3. Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.