1. Ensures program deliverables are met through coordination with the Program Management Team.
- Monitors program performance in assigned area, including partner performance.
- Investigates problems, designs solutions, and provides operational assistance. Coordinates with appropriate HQ and field personnel to resolve issues and develop solutions.
- Reviews program deliverables to ensure quality, compliance, and timely submission.
- Provides program updates and analysis to HQ and field management.
- Coordinates (or leads when delegated) program start-up and closeout activities.
2. Ensures effective program financial management and adherence to financial and contractual policies and procedures in designated areas.
- Communicates and coordinates with relevant departments to provide accurate analysis to the field and to monitor and report on compliance.
- Manages HQ portion of draw request and projections. Reviews field portion of draw request and projections.
- Reviews program budgets against work plans, donor agreements and past spending. Works with field offices to make necessary adjustments.
- Conducts analysis of expenditures and annual/LOP spending projections. Provides recommendations to program teams on mitigating actions. Analyzes monthly burn rates of all programs against projections and work plans.
- Gathers and processes matching contributions information on all programs. Works with field and finance to reconcile any differences in reported match. Tracks contributions against life of project match requirements.
- Monitors program obligations and reports their status. Alerts when increased obligations are required.
- Reviews payment of invoices from consultants, partners, and vendors.
- In coordination with the field and Manager, monitors international partner sub awards including agreements, budgets, and deliverables.
3. Serves on proposal teams, as assigned. Roles may include one of the following but are not limited to:
- Conducting pre-capture and post-solicitation field assessments.
- Serving as lead recruiter on specific proposals.
- Conducting research on country background information, sectoral best practices, competitor strengths and weaknesses and other information needed for proposal designs.
- Identifying and maintaining relations with potential local and international partner organizations.
- Serving as a liaison between Global Communities’ department, field teams, HQ-based proposal teams, and partner organizations to facilitate information gathering and proposal design.
- Writing assigned proposal sections, including, but not limited to, background statements, technical components, cross-cutting issues, management and staffing, or organizational capacity.
- Overseeing proposal support for high priority, complex, multi-partner proposals.
- Leading proposal teams for concept papers and proposals as assigned and with the guidance of a Global Communities champion or mentor.
4. Monitors program performance and supports knowledge management in assigned programs.
- Works directly with field and knowledge management staff in development and tracking of work plans, PMPs, and other M&E deliverables as well as supporting baseline assessments, performing statistical analysis, and tracking data against baseline.
- Analyzes, and regularly reports on program indicators, progress against targets, program successes and lessons learned.
- Reconciles project financial management with calendar of project deliverables through coordination with field finance and monitoring and evaluation teams.
- Investigate problems and design solutions to ensure improved program implementation and management. Participates in the development and review of project management tools and manuals and improvement of systems and processes.
5. Assume responsibilities as needed in the absence of Program Manager and Associate.
6. Travels to the field to provide program STTA and/or support proposal efforts.
7. Represents Global Communities at meetings, conferences, and workshops.
8. Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.