Provides administrative and clerical support to the Vice President, Humanitarian Assistance (HA), and the HA department. Also assists with program and business development efforts as needed.
1. Performs general departmental administrative and coordination duties:
- Communicates on behalf of the Vice President and Director with field and HQ staff by phone, e-mail and Skype as needed.
- Prepares weekly dashboard reports for the Executive Office.
- Supports and facilitates coordination of board reports and communication with the Executive Office.
- Updates and maintains the department’s SharePoint page.
- Maintains an up-to-date departmental calendar and coordinates signing authority during staff absences.
- Plans and coordinates retreats, conferences and meetings. Prepares agendas and records minutes for various conferences and meetings.
- Reconciles and processes monthly expense reimbursement reports.
- Greets HA visitors and guests.
- Orders office supplies.
- Processes consultant agreements and agreement amendments. Reviews and processes invoices and reimbursement reports for consultants, contracts, vendors, and sub awards. Ensures all signatures/approvals are collected.
- Processes applications for new country registrations and registration renewals.
- Conducts pre-engagement OFAC checks on vendors.
- Verifies ERFs/PTRs for travel. Arranges travel, obtains visas, and assists in securing travel advances.
- Processes legal documents, liaises with various embassies and notaries public.
2. Supports specific activities within the Department of Humanitarian Assistance and coordinates with relevant departments:
- Coordinates with Partnerships and Programs to ensure all awards are recorded in the awards repository and the PIF/PPR database including all new awards, sub awards, modifications, and extensions.
- Coordinates and ensures other offices are kept abreast of status of all awards on a regular basis.
- Provides assistance throughout the recruitment process for positions in the field, working in consultation with HR.
- Prepares, modifies, and maintains programmatic documents including correspondence, reports, templates, memos and emails.
3. Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.