Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Humanitarian Program Development Officer to join the Humanitarian Assistance team at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
The Humanitarian Program Development Officer participates in new business development efforts in various capacities, including research, writing and pricing, and supports program implementation, within the fast-paced Humanitarian Assistance department.
1. Serves on proposal teams as assigned. Roles may include one of the following but are not limited to:
2. Supports the effectiveness and efficiency of business development efforts.
3. Contributes to the development and implementation of the Global Communities humanitarian assistance strategy and new program development opportunities.
4. Completes other business development and discrete program support tasks as assigned within the department.
• Strong understanding of donor proposal guidelines (especially OFDA).
• Demonstrated knowledge of international humanitarian response and recovery program methodologies, monitoring and evaluation techniques, and grants administration.
• Good analytical and research skills.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to interact with all levels of staff in a professional manner.
• Ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of shifting priorities and deadline pressure with minimal supervision.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Excellent organizational skills. Ability to manage deadlines and to work independently. Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in fast-paced environment.
• Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in a second language preferred, particularly Spanish, Arabic or French.
• Advanced computer skills in a Windows-based environment including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint.
• Able and willing to travel internationally approximately 25%.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to read and interpret documents and ability to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.